10.18.2010

Traveling and the first days

October 11, 2010

04:30 a.m. - wake up, last packing

08:40 a.m. - my plane takes off in Budapest

I had a very good conversation with an American woman who although understood the difference between the "I do good deeds to get to heaven" and the „I do good because I know I am going to go to heaven" she hadn't made a decision.

I found then the Hand of Africa (Nelson Mandela) in a magazine.


11:00 a.m. - London Heathrow
(9-hour transfer time)
I spent the rest of the time on the company of Psalm 112. Just a little piece from that
:

· „"... Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.” – Well, I spent a little time on this. I remembered the old believers (whom there are books written about) and what is common in their lives. In every way they aimed at living their lives walking in faith (faith heroes). It is not worth doing any other ways only dedicated to my God with all of my heart. Please, Father save me from being wishy-washy!!! Amen

07:05 p.m. - my plane takes off in London (11-hour flight)

Nobody was sitting next to me - for the help of my legs.
Maybe because of the little sleep I had I was crying as soon as I looked at the welcome:

From the 12th of October

Soon I will be here for a week. Right now I am still pretty localized by my driving shortcoming but I have many opportunities (mainly paper work) to help to prepare for this Saturday Olympian Game Day (game day for Bible Club kids).
My roommates are really helpful and nice. Desire is already really close to my heart (we even have the same notebook) :).

Finally a few pictures:
My first staff meeting (me, Miriam, Christy, Mike and Brad) The first view when we arrived to the Jo'burg Airport :) I haven't met a giraffe yet but I have had my very first animal-experience. This bird is a hadida and he screams his name day and night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment