4.26.2011

Hillbrow: my church family

Especially now - getting closer and closer to the end of my South African time - it is not too easy to write about them. I will miss them greatly.
The things were natural in Hungary I am greatly thankful here.

Being far from my family, friends who have known me for ages... and stepping into a new world where nobody knows how the Lord saved me, how wonderful parents I have, why I decided to leave Europe, how much I struggle with sin in my heart, how much I like chocolate...

But as soon as I entered to the Hillbrow Independent Baptist Church I felt at home right away. I have got brothers, sisters and friends, caring hands and listening ears...
So much that even this would be a great reason to come back and finally give as well...

It was weird to receive help, hospitality - especially as a missionary when you would think that you came only to give. God has broken many of my ideas about ministry. Now I receive everything with great joy - without thinking too much - because I know those are from HIM...

My pastor, Ruben May is a great servant of the Lord. Not only because every message what he preaches is full of power, application and love which call you to make a decision but also because with his family they are good examples in hospitality, following God's ways, reaction for difficulties... I am really thankful for them.

I could keep going with the list adding so many people, young and old, man and woman but it would be so long that I am afraid since they are the corner of my heart it would be hard to see them as I do. But I can tell with confidence that I am loved. :)

Finally a few pics:

Friday night YOUth (game time)

Sunday School: If I were a butterfly (If I were an elephant... :)

Sunday School: my girls :)

1 comment:

  1. I thank God for placing me at HIBC I really love the fellowship.
    Timmy you are in our prayers. God bless you.
    Pastor May, I really pray that God gives abundant strength as you minister both in Hillbrow and Lakeside.

    ReplyDelete