9.29.2009

The replacement of my shortcomings

Erzsébet Csabák alias Böbe

I mentioned our new staff member working at our camp team in one of my earlier entries. Even though I still owe you the "older" staff member's too - here is Böbe's testimony, how God directed her back here among us (she graduated 3 years ago at our Bible School), to Word of Life. I also have a strong connection with her: There isn't a day passing by without me having stomachache by night from laughing so much. :D We are a great team - to entertain each other! ;) We were quite mischievous in school too - since we were sitting together -, but you don't know about that! ;)

"My plan: I wanted to go work in a foreign country this summer, so that I would have enough money to finish my last year at school (Baptist Seminary). But no matter where and how I tried, I was facing closed doors.

God's plan: Since my summer ended up being free, I undertook 5 weeks of ministry at Tóalmás as a unit leader. I heard Laci's announcement: He would like to see one or two volunteers at the camp team for the coming year. When I first heard it I thought to myself: "This is for sure not for me. Here we have a lot of skillful young people, so for sure it's not for me." So I didn't even think about it.

After 1 or 2 weeks, Laci asked the question specifically from me at breakfast. Since he was looking straight into my eyes I had to believe he is asking me. I was very surprised and it stirred me up, because I thought I would be the last one they would ask to serve here. So all I asked is that we would pray for it.

The fight started in me. I was praying for weeks, but I started to like the thought of serving here more and more. I'm doing my last year at school and the required ministry is 4 months, that was one of the reasons I was willing to say yes. I asked my parents and my pastor, and after they all gave their blessings :), we sat down to talk about the details. I want to be an effective part of the camp team and to bear fruits to His glory and to build others up. So please pray for this when you are reminded of me! :)"

The new "hairstyle" of the castle

Someone who didn't want to name himself or herself gave an offering to our organization with a specific purpose. Using this gift, we started the entire replacement of the roof in June and also in September they started the modernization of the heat system. We are not taking baths in milk and honey, but in dust, though we do look forward the glorious future: "dry" rainy season and "lovely, warm" winter. : ) Maybe those of you who have been to Tóalmás before ask the question: "what about the greenhouse?". Will not be renovated yet. But hopefully soon! Till then, enjoy the pictures made of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment