1.26.2011

January Whirl

At the beginning of this new year God has answered a pretty few of my 3-month old prayer requests (hm... I didn't need to wait so long...):


- My international driving license has arrived! I am very excited because 1. I have more opportunities and 2. I can become a (more) confident driver (What a gift!).

- I have my home church: the Hillbrow Independent Baptist Church in the heart of the city. Last Sunday with one of the boys I crossed the street to get some peanuts before Church Service. He asked me: Can you run fast? Hm... :D I invited the mongers to church and I prayed right there for them because God loves to see in His house even those who have dreds. I hope one day they will take Him seriously.

- A few years ago I whispered a prayer to God if He thinks fit than to use me in people's lives by a regular ministry as well. He has answered it double: I can serve in the Youth on Fridays (and help the girls) and I can show the beautiful truths of the Bible to the young ones in their language at Sunday School. I am so very excited, I can't even put it into words... :)

- At Word of Life South Africa besides the new year's big Bible Club Material reproduction (printing, punching, binding, shipping) now we are to organize 3 camps (3 weeks in a row - my responsibility is the program). Now I make myself completely at home. :D

- The Discipleship Training Center has started (4 boys): I have a really important role in this!!! Twice a week I cook for supper! :D My price ups to 100 cows by now. Who would offer more? :D My new favorite is that I can introduce the drama world to the guys - they can learn a lot of new things, many skits and the Born Again To A Living Hope will take its first steps with them as well.

Above all my social life is getting stronger as well - I get to a know and keep in touch with more and more people.

Thank you very much that so many of you are beside me and pray for me! It means a lot to me!!!


PS unbelievable as it is - It rains a lot this summer in Johannesburg (which means the sun is not shining).

1 comment:

  1. I would give a tleast 200 cows!!! Without a doubt! But you are more precious to God than you can even imagine. You have a wonderful heart for Him! Keep up your faithful service. Excellent update. Dan

    ReplyDelete