1.04.2011

SUMMER CAMPS

(I am already asking the WOL Hungary Summer Camp Team's forgiveness!!! :D)

I have spent the best week of my life in a summer camp organized by WOL South Africa. We had a lot of preparation. Though the kids camp was only 2 nights/3 days and the youth one was 5 days we needed to design and do the decoration, to plan the daily activities, schedules, games related to the topic (kids camp - Safari, youth camp - Truth under pressure)...

I was a program helper which actually meant joker (slavey?). :D I was truly thankful for it because I was able to taste of everything: I was part of a lot of pranks, I taught how to swim, I talked to a girl after the dedication camp fire, I led a morning hike with Quiet Time, I landed in the swimming pool in my jeans, I was Zizi, the zebra for three days, I was the key person (the main coordinator of the room checks :), I led many, many games...

2 favorite memories:

- I asked Miriam to announce after one of the evening meetings my Hungarian collage, Andris Bartos' picked bone joke: "Put on water and fire-proof clothes for the evening game!" You should've seen those scared faces and then heard all those questions: What kind of cloth is that? Are we really going to play with the fire? ... :D :D :D

- The original plan was to have a morning hike with Quiet Time every morning with each team but it was raining all week except Friday when I was scheduled to lead the group. So we made it voluntarily but still there was quiet a group of people. That one hour what we spent together gave some stronger friendships, opportunities to be observer and part of lives up to this day.

So truly my heart is full of praises and thanks to God that He brought so many young people to the camp, so many of them made personal decisions and also how much He stretched me as well.

Smile and laugh with me at these pictures:

The preparation (card-boards and paints everywhere)

The key woman

One of the rooms' creative group picture

Opps... Kirsten got the package of salt to eat...

Chocolate in nappy :D

Classical muscle moves

Are you pushing girls to the pool??? So there!!! Eggs!!! :D

Sliding together is FUN!!!

More pictures:
Kids Camp 1. (200 pictures)
Kids Camp 2. (68)
Teens camp 1. (68)
Teens Camp 2. (199)
Teens Camp 3. (125)
Teens Camp 4. (119)
Teens Camp 5. (28)
Hike (18)
(The pictures were taken by Jessica Bowen, BIRD ON A WIRE PHOTOGRAPHY.)

No comments:

Post a Comment